Estate Administration and Trust Administration
The Rizzo Law Firm, PLLC provides a broad range of legal services related to probate and estate administration. Probate can be complicated and confusing, especially for people who have not been through the process before and who are experiencing grief at the death of a loved one.
If you’re looking for a probate attorney in Charlotte, NC, look to Scott Rizzo for help.
The Rizzo Law Firm, PLLC assists clients in completing the many steps needed to administer an estate. Some of these steps include:
- Consulting with the successor trustees or the personal representatives acting on behalf of the decedent’s estate
- Overseeing the payment of funeral costs and final expenses
- Ensuring that all assets are collected, accounted for and properly inventoried
- Preparation of all required income and estate tax returns
- Liquidating assets when necessary
- Making certain that the decedent’s wishes contained within his or her will or trust document are honored
Estate Administration of Your Clients’ Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Lawsuits in North Carolina
It can be a difficult and complex process to administer settlements for the families of those who have been injured by drugs or other products.
The Rizzo Law Firm, PLLC can assist your clients with this difficult process.
In addition, the Rizzo Law Firm PLLC will facilitate a smooth and timely distribution of settlement funds by:
- Opening an Estate and having a Personal Representative appointed
- Ensuring that the proper bonds are in place
- Negotiating debts on behalf of the claimant’s family
- Ensuring that all of the claims have been paid, and paid in the correct order
- Ensuring that the settlement of judgment is properly approved
- Ensuring that settlement funds are distributed properly according to North Carolina law
- Assisting with the appointment of a guardian for incompetent heirs
- Ensuring that the spouse of administrator receives the maximum distribution under North Carolina law
Probate is a court proceeding that supervises the proper distribution of a decedent’s assets to heirs and beneficiaries as well as creditors. Probate can be complicated and confusing, especially for people who have not been through the process before and who are experiencing grief at the death of a loved one. The Probate process is supposed to provide an orderly means of distributing assets down to the next generation in a way that reflects the decedent’s wishes. However, families often face issues concerning the administration of an estate. Do not let these issues destroy your family when you are already dealing with the emotional distress of losing a family member.
The Rizzo Law Firm, PLLC resolves a broad range of disputes including:
- Claims against fiduciaries
- Probate in Solemn Form
- Debtors, creditors and probate
- Guardians and conservators
- Out of state representation
- Resolving competency disputes
- Will contests
- Asset ownership disputes
- Undue influence claims
- Contested executorships